Blueberries are my favorite among all the summer berries. A few years back, I planted five bushes in my garden and since then I have been enjoying blueberries every summer. I love them in my oats every morning and in my yoghurt for mid-morning snack. I also use them frequently in my baking. The other day, I used some to make mini cheesecakes. This recipe combines the goodness and flavor of blueberry and maple syrup. They were baked in standard muffin cups which I think is just perfect single serving for a guilty free snack or dessert. Indulge!
Mini Blueberry and Maple Cheesecakes
Author: Liza A
Serves: 12 servings
- ¾ cup graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ pkg (250g each) brick cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Extra blueberries, to serve
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper circle on bottom of each of 12 standard muffin pan cups.
- Mix graham crumbs and butter; press onto bottoms of prepared muffin cups. Top evenly with blueberries.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream and syrup; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed just until blended. Spoon over berries in muffin pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool completely in pan.
- Remove cheesecakes from pan and discard paper liners. Place onto serving plates, sprinkle with icing sugar and top with extra blueberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe source: Kraft Philadelphia’s cookbook “Spread a Little Joy”.
Leave a Reply