This pasta with prosciutto, lemon, and arugula dish is another quick and easy recipe to make on a busy weeknight. For this dish, I decided to use spaghetti, but your favorite type of pasta will also work. First, I cooked the spaghetti until al dente. Then, fresh arugula, prosciutto, lemon, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes are combined to make the dressing. The addition of Parmesan cheese added a creaminess to the dish while the arugula added a nice flavor and crunch. The red pepper flakes were added to give the dish that extra punch of flavor and heat while the prosciutto added the necessary saltiness. Overall, I was happy with this balance, refreshing and light pasta dish. I will definitely make it again in the future!
- 12 oz. (340 g) of spaghetti, or your favorite pasta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 oz. (85 g) prosciutto
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until you achieve your desired doneness. Save 1 cup of the boiled pasta water. Drain the pasta and then return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the juice of the lemon, butter, grated Parmesan and 1 cup of the hot pasta water to the large pot containing the pasta. Stir gently to combine, until creamy.
- Add the red pepper flakes, prosciutto and arugula. Toss until well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with extra Parmesan and serve.
Leave a Reply