Recently, I made and shared a recipe for bulgogi. That version used rib eye as the main protein. My family loved that bulgogi dish so much that I decided to make another one using our favorite fish: salmon. Bulgogi is a Korean-style dish which is normally grilled. In this recipe, the salmon is marinated in a bulgogi sauce and then baked.
How to make Salmon Bulgogi
The salmon bulgogi marinade consists of the following ingredients:
- Soy sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Lemon Juice
This delicious and healthy dish is easy to prepare. It is a perfect dish to make for dinner after a busy day at work. The trick is to marinate the salmon fillets for at least one hour, or even longer so that the salmon can absorb the flavors. Once the fillets are marinated, the salmon is drained and the marinade is discarded. Then, the salmon is baked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. The fish turned out sweet, moist and very tender. I served this fish bulgogi with rice, greens and a side of kimchi. This healthy and delicious dish is definitely a keeper!
- 4 salmon fillets
- Roasted black sesame seeds ,optional
- Kimchi ,optional
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin or rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic ,grated
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a glass baking dish. Add the salmon fillets and turn around several times to completely coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line a baking pan with foil and then spray with cooking spray.
- Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade and place onto the prepared baking pan. Bake the salmon for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Baking time may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Serve with a sprinkle of roasted sesame seeds and with kimchi, if using.