This skillet meatball Parmesan dish is so good. The meatballs are first seared in the cast iron skillet to create a nice crust. Then the meatballs are baked along with the marinara sauce. Mozzarella cheese is spread on top. The meatballs are finished off in the oven until the cheese is melted. The result is some delicious meatballs – perfectly seared in the outside and moist in the inside. Just how I like my meatballs. Garnish these meatballs with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and serve them on top of some pasta or on its own. Enjoy!
Skillet Meatball Parmesan
Delicious meatballs seared on a cast iron skillet and finished off in the oven.
- 200 grams Mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 inch oven safe skillet
- In large bowl combine the ground beef, Italian sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, milk, parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, scoop up the meat. Roll into balls.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Evenly place the meatballs on the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn over the meatballs and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set aside. Drain the oil from the skillet. Pour marinara sauce on the skillet and spread around. Return the meatballs to the skillet. Evenly place mozzarella cheese on top of the meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve over pasta, or on its own.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply