If you’ve been following my blog, you will probably already know that my family loves salmon. I am always looking for new ways to prepare baked salmon, just like this prosciutto wrapped salmon recipe. This method of cooking salmon fillets is so different from my usual method, so I was looking forward to making it. There are so many things I love about this particular salmon recipe. The texture of the grainy mustard combined with the tender and flaky salmon fillet is such a perfect combination. In addition, the saltiness of the prosciutto adds an interesting flavor of the dish. The fact that it is baked means that it’s healthier and a big time saver. Best of all, it’s such a simple recipe with only a few easy to find ingredients.
The salmon fillets are first seasoned with salt and pepper. Grainy mustard is spread over the salmon fillets and then wrapped with the prosciutto. Finally, the salmon is baked in the oven. Ours came out perfectly cooked, tender and moist.
Prosciutto Wrapped Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6oz each)
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1/4 cup of grainy mustard old-style prepared mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- Season the salmon fillets with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Spread the mustard evenly on top of each fillet. Tightly roll each fillet with a slice of prosciutto so that the two ends of the prosciutto are beneath the salmon. The fillet should be sitting on the seam, and the ends of the salmon will protrude beyond the prosciutto.
- Place wrapped fillets on a baking pan, seam sides down. Bake until done, about 15 minutes.