I decided to make this steak and snow peas stir fry because I had some round steak in the freezer. I love using steak for stir frying because it needs little cooking time and always comes out tender. I decided to stir fry the steak with one of my favorite summer vegetables: snow peas.
This simple and easy dish is ready in less than half an hour. The sliced beef is seasoned with salt an pepper and then stir fried until half-cooked. Then, it was cooked together with the snow peas until the peas were crisp tender. This dish was finished off with a sauce of oyster sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, sesame oil and cornstarch. The tender steak slices and crispy snow peas with the thick savory sauce was satisfyingly good. It was perfect with steamed rice.
Steak and Snow Peas Stir Fry
- 1 lb flank , top sirloin or inside round steak, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 9 oz snow peas , ends trimmed
- Sesame seeds , for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions , for garnish
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add snow peas and continue stir-frying for 2 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender.
- Give cornstarch a final stir and then add to the pan. Stir and cook for a minute or two or until sauce slightly thickens.
- Serve with steamed rice, garnished with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and sliced green onions.