This awesome recipe was shared on facebook and I was lucky to get hold of it. It is the perfect time to make it because strawberries are abundant and are very much visible in the supermarket’s fruit section. In this recipe, the strawberries and pieces of cream cheese were laid on a bed of dough and then baked until the dough was cooked and turned brown. As the dough cooked it rose up, so did the pieces of strawberries and cream cheese around it. It was a lovely sight to behold! One thing I noticed was that there were too many strawberries and less crust. The next time I make it, I will put fewer strawberries so I can enjoy more of the delicious crust. You can enjoy a piece of this strawberry cream cheese cobbler on its own or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Yummy!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ lbs whole strawberries, washed and tops sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Melt butter and pour into 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
- Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer as much as possible. Sprinkle cream cheese pieces over strawberries. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling.
- Serve and enjoy!
My wife and I made this for dessert tonight, and it was absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous recipes! 😍😋
You’re welcome Bunny! Glad you were able to try this recipe 🙂
supper dessert i could eated every day.thank you for this recepie.LOUISE