My youngest son, who loves to bake, made these simple and super easy to make vanilla wafer cookies. He was meeting with his friends and decided to make cookies to share with them. This vanilla cookie recipe uses ingredients that are normally used in baking but the vanilla extract that I used was the good stuff. It was given to me by my friend who recently came back from a trip to Mexico. I love the strong pleasant smell that comes out of the bottle every time I open it. There are even some vanilla beans inside the bottle. The pure vanilla extract in the dough made my kitchen smell so good while the cookies were baking in the oven. After 15 minutes in the oven, the vanilla wafer cookies came out soft with a nice bite to it. The flavor of pure vanilla extract stood out. It added a distinctive warm smell and taste to each and every bite of the cookies. The cookies were so good, they were gone before I even knew it. Enjoy!
Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line cookie sheet with silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and then add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, shift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful at a time onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches space between cookie dough. Flatten each dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges of the cookies are golden brown. Immediately transfer cookies on cooling racks.