This recipe is a healthier version of the ever popular honey garlic chicken wings. It was taken from a book of compiled recipes to celebrate the 25th year anniversary of the elementary school where my kids used to go to. The original recipe calls for baking the wings in the honey garlic sauce for one hour and serving them with the sauce poured over. I found that baking the chicken wings a second time without the sauce gives it a better glaze and a more appealing look.
This dish is so easy to make. One of the reasons I love making this so much is the fact that I don’t have to do any frying. The wings are coated in a mixture of honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and ketchup (yes, ketchup). Then it is baked fully in the oven. The result is healthier and delicious wings.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Remove wing tips and discard. Cut wings apart at joint. Put in a shallow 9X13 inch casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and ketchup.
- Pour over the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour. Save some sauce that you did not pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 375°F preheated oven for 1 hour, turning once.
- Serve with the sauce. Alternatively, for drier wings, place chicken wings on a rack set in a baking pan. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes, turn and bake the other side for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!