This recipe is a healthier version of the ever popular honey garlic chicken wings. It was taken from a book of compiled recipes to celebrate the 25th year anniversary of the elementary school where my kids used to go to. The original recipe calls for baking the wings in the honey garlic sauce for one hour and serving them with the sauce poured over. I found that baking the chicken wings a second time without the sauce gives it a better glaze and a more appealing look.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Remove wing tips and discard. Cut wings apart at joint. Put in a shallow 9X13 inch casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and ketchup.
- Pour over the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F preheated oven for 1 hour, turning once.
- Serve with the sauce. Alternatively, for drier wings, place chicken wings on a rack set in a baking pan. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes, turn and bake the other side for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!