I just came back from Black Friday shopping from across the border. I had only three hours of sleep so I was tired and sleepy while I was typing this write-up. It was a fun and unforgettable experience shopping in the wee hours of the morning where people were full of life and energy. The recipe that I am sharing is this homemade potato salad.
I stumbled upon this recipe online. I made it to pair with the oven-fried chicken that I wanted to try. This potato salad was not only delicious, but was filling as well. The addition of bacon and celery gives this salad crunchy taste and texture. This recipe is truly the best homemade potato salad I have tasted
- 2 lbs clean, scrubbed new red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and spread out on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Sliced the cooled potatoes into cubes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour before serving.