A slice of chocolate chip banana bread will bring a smile to anybody’s face, kids and adults alike. The year-round availability of bananas make it a very popular ingredient not only for baking but also for smoothies.
This banana bread recipe puts a twist to a classic favorite. The banana bread is moist and delectable and adding chocolate chips just makes it that much better!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar and slightly beaten egg.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9in X 5in pan.
- Bake for 40- 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Serve and enjoy!