Bok choy is one of the many vegetables that I always have in my fridge. It is such a versatile vegetable. I can use it in soup and stir-fried with noodles or with other vegetables. One simple way of cooking bok choy is to stir-fry it with just the basic aromatics, like this Sesame Bok Choy.
Stir-fried sesame bok choy is just one of the many vegetable dishes that I normally cook for my family during Easter week. It is so fast and easy to make. The addition of sesame oil gives this simple dish its aromatic smell and taste.
- 1 lb shanghai bok choy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Trim and discard the rough bottoms from the bok choy. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet. Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the bok choy and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and drizzle with sesame oil. Transfer to a serving plate.