I made this easy chickpea salad for lunch yesterday. The mixture of chickpeas, red onion, red bell pepper and garlic with a simple dressing of lemon juice and olive oil was refreshingly delicious. I paired it up with focaccia bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture. It was a light and healthy lunch, just perfect to have on a hot lazy summer day. Love it!
Author: Liza A
Serves: 2-3 Servings
- 1 can chick peas (19 oz/540 ml), rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro or substitute fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together and toss well. Season with salt and cayenne to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve.
Recipe source: food network.ca
Leave a Reply