Now that summer is almost over, I am trying to enjoy the last of my summer garden. Just the other day, I picked the last batch of roses and was able to enjoy them in my house. Luckily, there are still some fruits and herbs to be harvested. One herb that I was able to harvest was basil, which I used to make an omelette for breakfast. I also used some of the basil to make this delicious chicken dish. I love this recipe because of the simplicity of its ingredients and instructions. The chicken pieces were sauteed with garlic and then afterwards cooked with the broccoli in a coconut mixture. The result was a creamy and very tasty chicken and broccoli dish that was immensely enjoyed by my family. This is a dish that is perfect for weekday meals when pressed for time. It can be ready in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- 400 mL coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 ½ lbs skinless chicken thigh sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli separated into florets
- 1/4 cup basil leaves thinly sliced
- Whisk coconut milk with broth, soy sauce, fish sauce and honey in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for a minute or until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook until golden, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk mixture and broccoli florets and cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 4 min.
- Serve over rice and top with basil.
Recipe adapted: chatelaine.com