It is the Remembrance Day long weekend. I am quite happy to have a 4 day weekend. The weather is cooperating; it is cold but the sun is shining, so I was able to take some good pictures outside. It is also my oldest son’s birthday and my youngest son is coming home :). The only one missing is my son in Calgary :(. I was thinking of what to cook for them and I remember their favorite dish, fried honey garlic chicken wings.
A while ago, I shared my recipe of a healthier version: Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. Considering it has become one of the most popular recipes on the blog, I decided to share the fried version. My honey garlic chicken wings are first seasoned with salt and rolled in flour. It is then fried and tossed in a honey garlic sauce. The result is crispy, sweet, sticky delicious chicken wings; so easy to make and everyone’s favorite.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine honey, soy sauce and garlic powder in a saucepan. Stir and let it boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare chicken wings by removing tips and then cutting apart at joint. Season with seasoning salt.
- Roll each piece in flour and deep fry in heated oil until wings turn golden brown, around 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with the honey garlic sauce. Transfer to a serving plate.