This summer has been enjoyable for me so far. Although I’ve been busy, I still have had time to enjoy the great weather by taking long walks and biking with my husband. The meals that I cook are always quick and easy. It is a great bonus when it is also healthy and light, just like this broiled salmon with sweet chili sauce.
If you’ve been following my blog, you know that my family and I love salmon. It has been a while since I have shared a salmon recipe, so I thought this would be a good one to share this week.
In this recipe, the salmon filets are first marinated in a tasty mixture of ginger, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and green onions. It was then broiled until perfectly cooked. My family and I enjoyed this dish with some salad. Enjoy!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/3 cup bottled sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions plus more for garnish
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking dish and season with salt.
- In a bowl, combine the ginger, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and green onions, and mix until combined. Pour over the salmon fillets, cover and marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to broiler (on high). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush with cooking oil.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on the prepared pan. Broil for 10-12 minutes or until opaque and easily flakes with a fork. Broiling time may vary depending on the oven and the thickness of the salmon.
- Serve with salad.