This shrimp and asparagus stir fry caught my attention because it is both simple and healthy. I am a huge fan of shrimp/prawns and have shared many recipes in the past. A family favorite is Filipino Camaron Rebosado, which I would cook often when my kids were growing up. However, camaron is deep fried and so I would only make it on special occasions. The same thing cannot be said about this healthy stir fry dish! With under 300 calories per serving and low in carbs, I would consider this dish to be healthy.
To make this asparagus shrimp stir fry, the shrimp is first cooked in the skillet all the way through. Then, the shrimp is set aside while the asparagus is cooked until tender-crisp. After adding garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes, the shrimp is re-incorperated into the pan. Finally, soy sauce and lemon juice are mixed in. The result is a stir fry dish packed with flavor and color. Enjoy!
Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs raw shrimp
- 1 lbs asparagus
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and season with salt, pepper and 1 tsp of red pepper flakes. Cook until the shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set it aside.
- Using the same skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the asparagus, ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently and cook until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Return the shrimp back to the skillet. Add the soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately.