This Thai chili lime chicken wings dish is another healthier alternative to deep fried wings. As with some of my other favorite healthier wings dishes such as baked honey garlic chicken wings and honey lemon chicken wings, these are baked and not fried. These wings are a little different than the other two because the addition of Thai chilies in the marinade adds a nice kick to it. The combination of the spices with the lime and the Thai chilies creates such a wonderful and complex flavor. In addition, the recipe is so simple and easy to follow.
First, the marinade is prepared in the blender by processing the chilies, lime, spices and oil together. After allowing the chicken to marinate for at least one hour, the chicken wings are simply baked in the oven for a total of 30 minutes. I love making baked chicken wings because they so good and the clean up is always a breeze. Enjoy!
Thai Chili Lime Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings and/or drumettes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green or red Thai chilies stems removed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Add all the marinade ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl or large freezer bag. Pour in the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Place the wings on the rack. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Increase the oven to 425°F. Turn the wings over and return the wings to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!