This coconut curry chicken dish caught my attention because the sauce is made of both tomato and coconut. I am a big fan tomato based sauces so I knew that this dish would taste great. After I made the dish and tasted the sweet and spicy tomato coconut curry chicken dish, I was not disappointed.
This dish is very easy to prepare. Chicken breasts are cut into chunks in this recipe. The chunks of chicken are first cooked in a mix of curry powder, oil, garlic and onions. Then they are simmered along with the coconut milk and tomatoes. The result is a delicious coconut-tomato curry dish that is sure to please. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into ½-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper.
- Mix curry powder and oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the curry oil mixture. Heat curry oil for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken chunks and toss lightly to coat with the curry oil mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately, over rice. Enjoy!