My family can’t get enough of chicken wings. Our all-time favorite is Crispy Chicken Wings, which is a simple but delicious fried chicken wings recipe that I got from a Filipino friend. I tried baking it to make the wings healthier but nothing beats the taste of freshly fried crispy and browned fried chicken wings. I am constantly looking for wings recipes and I have tried and shared a few with you. Baked honey garlic chicken wings is by far the most popular. These Filipino style baked adobo wings are similar in that they are marinated for at least an hour and then baked. In this recipe, the chicken wings were first marinated in a tangy adobo sauce. I marinated it overnight to maximize the flavor. First I tried frying the wings. However, it was difficult and messy so I made them again but baked them instead. Baking the wings was a definite success- it was easy to clean, cook and resulted in delicious baked chicken wings that are packed full of adobo flavor. As expected, my family thoroughly enjoyed this dish. Yummy!
- 2 lbs chicken wings a mixture of drumettes and wingettes
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ⅓ soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 bayleaf
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup water
- In a ziploc bag, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bayleaf, pepper and water. Add the chicken wings. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (for easier clean up). Place a rack, such as a cooling rack, on top of the baking sheet. Spray the rack with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the cooling rack. Bake wings for 40-45 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through.