This bacon wrapped mini meatloaf dish is so good. The filling is moist from the bacon in the filling and the outside is crispy from the bacon that wraps the meatloaf. There is a lot of bacon in this dish, so I would consider this dish one that I would not make often, but only certain occasions. I like that they are made in a muffin tin so it’s easier to control portions. As you can probably tell from a few of my recent posts such as such as Mini Lasagna and Focaccia Bites, I like working with muffin pans.
Bacon is definitely the star in these cute little mini meatloaves. Not only is bacon used to wrap the meatloaf, it is also used in the filling. Ground beef, chives, coconut milk and garlic are also incorporated in the tasty filling. After lining the muffin tin with slices of bacon, the tin is filled with the beef mixture. Then, it is baked in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The result is eight perfect little miniature meatloaves. Enjoy!
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf
- 1 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 lbs bacon cut into small chunks (non-thick cut works best)
- 8 more strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup fresh chives minced
- Fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Pepper to taste
- Muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- In a large bowl mix together the beef, bacon chunks, coconut milk, garlic and chives. Mix well until everything binds together. Season with pepper.
- Line the muffin tin holes with the bacon slices.
- Fill the holes with the beef mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.