Sweet potatoes are a big favorite at my house. My family has been eating a lot of sweet potatoes over the holiday break. My husband normally eats yams that are simply boiled while I enjoy them when prepared as baked sweet potato fries. We just love the creamy texture and sweet flavor of this delicious vegetable. This baked sweet potato recipe is another way to enjoy this root vegetable. It is super easy to prepare and make. The cut sweet potatoes were simply coated with olive oil, sprinkled with oregano, salt and pepper. After seasoning the sweet potatoes, they are baked in the oven for an hour. The smell in the kitchen when this came out of the oven was so very good. These baked sweet potatoes can be enjoyed as a side dish with a meat and/or vegetable dish to complete the meal. Another way you can enjoy this dish is by itself, as a snack. Either way, these baked sweet potatoes are simply delicious. I will definitely be making them again!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with olive oil.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into chunks.
- Place the cut sweet potatoes in the baking dish and toss them until they are coated with the olive oil. Spread them out into a single layer. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes or until soft.