As you may already know, my family and I love to eat salmon. The most common way I make salmon is by baking it with various toppings such as herbed mayo. Over the weekend, I saw a grill pan in the store and decided to buy it. I had an idea to make this pan grilled salmon with tomato salsa because it would be a different way of preparing our favorite fish. In this dish, the salmon is coated with olive oil and simply seasoned with seasoning salt. The fish is then pan grilled until it formed a nice crust. Although, the outside had a nice crust, the inside was still moist and tender. I knew from making another family favorite (7-up marinated pork chop) that this pan grilled salmon would taste great with a tomato salsa. The salsa ended up tasting great with the salmon especially the next day when the flavors became well blended. Enjoy!
Pan Grilled Salmon with Tomato Salsa
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Lemon wedges optional
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine together diced tomatoes, onion and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Rub the salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil and then sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Place salmon in hot grill pan, and cook for 4 minutes, or until golden underneath.
- Use a slotted spatula to turn salmon over, then cook the fillets for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Remove salmon from heat, let rest for 30 seconds and sprinkle with a good squeeze of lemon juice, if desired. Serve with the tomato salsa.