I saw some good looking asparagus from Costco last week and decided to buy them even though it was not on my shopping list. I made and shared parmesan roasted broccoli before and it has become one of the popular recipes on my blog. I have been making it frequently and it is one of my family’s favorite ways of eating broccoli. With this in mind, I decided to make the asparagus version of it. The asparagus version is simpler though; ingredients are just olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I was not disappointed, the asparagus when properly cooked, tasted great. They were tender, juicy and have a bit of crunch to them. Adding parmesan cheese to them even intensified the taste and flavor. Love it!
- 2½ lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lay asparagus in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and return to the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over asparagus before serving.
Leave a Reply