I have so many different banana bread recipes on my blog. Some of my favorites are Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread. As you can tell, my family and I love banana bread simply because it is versatile and can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack. It also helps that I usually buy too many bananas and end up with over-ripe bananas, perfect for banana bread! I have not shared a banana bread recipe in a while so I thought that this chocolate banana bread would be a perfect recipe to share today. This banana bread turned out great. My family and I finished the whole loaf in less than 3 days. We love the chocolatey taste that is not too sweet. It’s enough to satisfy those chocolate cravings. I will definitely be making this again! Enjoy!
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the middle of the oven and then preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease a 9X5-inch loaf pan and then set aside.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Stir in melted butter, oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture into the sugar mixture and stir until well blended, making sure not to overmix.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Slice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply