My family and I love to eat seafood. Shrimp is one of our favorites and I have shared some of our shrimp recipes in the past such as Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp and Shrimp with Lemon Garlic Sauce. This garlic shrimp with broccoli dish is no exception. We loved the perfectly cooked shrimp and broccoli in the delicious sauce. Best of all, it’s easy, simple and ready in under 30 minutes. The flavorful sauce which consists of soy sauce, chicken stock, sesame oil, rice vinegar and honey is definitely the star of this dish. After preparing the sauce, the shrimp is cooked, removed from the pan and set aside. Then, the broccoli is cooked along with the aromatics. It is important not to overcook the shrimp and broccoli. The result was a delicious dish with crisp tender broccoli and soft and juicy shrimp. Yum!
Garlic Shrimp with Broccoli
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 knob ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine together chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and honey and then whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp and then season with salt.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the remaining one tablespoon oil. Add the garlic, ginger and onion; stir-fry until onions are translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and stir-fry for a minute and then add the sauce. Cover and allow the broccoli to steam for 2-3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Return the shrimp back to the skillet and stir until well coated with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.