This yogurt marinated chicken thighs dish is another low carb recipe. Lately, I have been cooking quite a few low carb dishes such as shrimp and asparagus stir fry and baked spaghetti squash with tomato meat sauce. What I have learned from cooking some low carb dishes is that low carb dishes can be easy and tasty. With enough effort, you can have a good variety in a low carb diet as well.
I like this chicken thigh dish because you can really taste the yogurt and spices in the marinade. It is also baked in the oven and not fried, so the clean up is really easy. Best of all, it’s a tasty dish that is pretty easy to make.
In this dish, the chicken thighs are simply marinated in yogurt, lemon, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper. After letting the mixture marinade in the fridge for an hour, it is placed in a broiler pan and then, it is baked in the oven for about 40 minutes. Finally, the broiler is turned on to get the nice crisp on the skin. Overall, I was happy with how it turned out. Enjoy!
Yogurt Marinated Chicken Thighs
- 6 in chicken thighs (bone-skin-on)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients.
- Add the chicken thighs and mix to coat. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the chicken on a broiler pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Broil on high for about 3-4 minutes, until skin is crisp and brown.