Earlier this week, I decided to try out this shrimp and fish chowder recipe. Like most of the dishes I make, it was really simple and consists of only a few ingredients. The dish was a huge hit with my family!
This delicious recipe consists of some of my family’s favorite seafood: fish and shrimp. It also has leek, which added so much flavor to the broth. This seafood chowder has become one of my family’s favorite; I will definitely make this chowder again. Next time, I will make sure to double the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup 10% half and half cream
- 1 lb large shrimps or tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 14 oz cod fillets or other white fish fillets, cut in 1-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook leek, stirring occasionally until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in broth and cream; cook, stirring until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimps, fish, tarragon, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper; cook over medium-high heat until shrimp are pink and fish is opaque, 5 to 6 minutes. Correct seasoning by adding salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more soup recipes? Here are a few more that I made.